Yesterday (Monday 16th March) we had some more updates on the coronavirus and actions we should all take.
The key messages were:
• Avoid gatherings
• Avoid public places (pubs, clubs, theatres etc.)
• Work from home if possible
• No unnecessary visits to care homes
• By the weekend those with the most serious health conditions, the over 70's or pregnant women should avoid social contact for 12 weeks.
• Serious health conditions = adults who would normally be advised to have the flu vaccine (such as those with a chronic illness).
• If one person in a household has a persistent cough or fever, everyone living in the house should stay at home for 14 days.
We are taking these precautions very seriously. If you, or your children, or anyone else who lives in your house develop symptoms, you must ALL stay at home for 14 days. Obviously, this means keeping the children off school for 14 days too, including siblings. We are following this advice and are asking children with persistent coughs and/or fevers to stay at home. This is a precautionary measure at the moment as we have no confirmed cases in school. If we do have a confirmed case, we will, of course, let you know.
Thank you for your support. I realise this is a stressful time for everyone.
Take care of each other!