What is Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium is a government initiative that provides additional funding on top of the main funding a school receives. It is given to schools to help all pupils reach their full potential, regardless of their background or financial situation.
Who is it for?
It’s provided for pupils who:
• Are registered for free school meals
• Have been registered for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
• Are, or have been, in care
• Have parents in the armed forces
Applying for Pupil Premium (Free School Meals)
If you think your child could be entitled to this funding, registering is really quick and easy.
You can register online through the Nottinghamshire County Council's Citizen Portal.
Information you need to register:
- your personal details (including national insurance number and date of birth of the parent/carer)
- child’s details in full, including their date of birth and the school they attend.
If you are eligible for free school meals the start date will normally be within two working days of the entitlement being confirmed.
If you are unable to apply online please call 0300 500 80 80.
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.