Science at Forest Glade Primary School aims to encourage interest in and enjoyment of the world and how it behaves. We want to give children an understanding of different aspects of biology, chemistry and physics and a thirst for scientific enquiry.
This is achieved through a range of learning opportunities and experiences delivered through an enquiry approach as a curriculum driver. Children learn key knowledge and are encouraged to develop the skills of a scientist such as carrying out investigations and questioning the world around them.
A year 6 scientist will be able to:
- Plan and carry out a fair test and explain the findings.
- Describe habitats, plants and food chains.
- Describe how plants and animals have evolved and adapted over time.
- Describe different materials and their properties.
- Explain different forces and their effect.